Lucas Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer is a well-marketed engine oil additive that Lucas purports to have the following key benefits:
- Increase oil life at least 50% longer
- Reduces oil consumption
- Eliminates dry starts
- Raises oil pressure
- Increases power and miles per gallon
This additive has been the topic of discussion on many forums, including the Bob is the Oil Guy forum:
- Lucas Oil Stabilizer any good?
- Lucas Oil Additives ???
- Lucas Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer
- TEST/ DEMO - the story on additives (done by the forum's founder Bob Winters)
- The Story With Additives - Rebuttal
- Lucas Oil Stabilizer - Virgin Oil Analysis
- Lucas Synthetic Oil Stabilizer
- Lucas Oil Stabilizer...???
- Why do people hate lucas products?
- Lucas Oil Stabilizer
- Lucas Oil Stabilizer questions
- Just how dangerous is Lucas Oil Stabilizer?
- Tell my buddy not to use Lucas Oil Stabilizer.
- SO is lucas oil stabilizer just a joke?
- Lucas Oil stabilizer, good?
- Lucas Oil Stabilizer??
- They Call it "Lucas" Oil Stabilizer
- Lucas oil stabilizer
- What's the deal on Lucas Heavy Duty Oil Stabalizer
In the "Test/Demo" topic, Bob reported on a test he ran with Lucas Oil Stabilizer added to gear oil (Pennzoil full synthethic 80W-140) and heavy duty engine oil (Delo 400 15W-40) in the web page THE STORY ON ADDITIVES. The tests Bob ran in his apparatus showed that the Lucas Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer caused air entrainment in the oil samples. BITOG has since taken down that page but it lives on in the Internet Archive and the Archive's last page capture was November 22, 2010 and the last capture with images was January 6, 2010:
Bob's comments about oil additives:
There is some good advantages to additives but very few. It's the fact that oil chemistries are a science and many hours and lots of $$$ goes into blending oil and to think that additive makers can come out with something that works in improving the quality of an oil without disturbing the existing oil's chemistry is definatly not thinking ahead very well. Top that with the improper balance and adding more than stated by the oil additive instructions, just produces more problems.
If you feel Lucas Oil Stabilizer lives up to its hype, you can get some here: