If you enjoy the articles in this web site, please consider supporting it by ordering the items you want by clicking on the recommended Amazon product links in the articles, which will just add those products to your Amazon shopping cart.
The product links contain a referral tag that allows me to earn a small commission on the sale of the products from Amazon. This doesn't cost you anything extra but will help to offset the cost of running this web site and writing new articles.
Page 5 of 5
If everything is working properly, the following are some things that could further improve your fuel economy:
- Higher compression (new pistons/rings, modified cylinder head)
- Carburetor rejetting (check for optimum fuel mixture with a wide-band O2 sensor)
- Timing advance optimization (requires dynamometer work)
- Engine speed reduction (highway gears in axle, overdrive transmission)
- Upgrade to high energy electronic ignition